The Art of Spiritual Direction
The aim is to offer participants a wide range of experience in:
ways of praying
traditions of Christian spirituality
the ministry of spiritual direction.
Mondays during term time, excluding half-terms; 11am – 3.45pm
September 2020 - May 2021
Details below are subject to change
All course sessions held at The Stable Rooms, Histon, on the northern outskirts of Cambridge
Residential weekend held at Bishop Woodford House in Ely
Non returnable booking fee of £10
Course fee in region of £850 includes the residential weekend
What is required of participants?
• Christian faith
• Some sense of vocation
• Recognition, acceptance and tolerance of people from a wide diversity of backgrounds
• An understanding that people differ with regard to individual spirituality, churchmanship, life experience, academic qualifications as well as in gender and culture
• An ability to be listened to, as well as to listen
• A willingness to share at a level that is appropriate and comfortable
• A preparedness to enter into the process with openness and flexibility
• A commitment to respect confidentiality
• An openness to a course structure that is not so rigid that it cannot be adapted and shaped as it progresses, nor so loose and flexible that participants feel adrift and unsupported; likewise, an acceptance of a range of learning styles that meets differing needs, and a willingness to participate in those approaches which are not our preference
• An acceptance that the course is experiential
• A recognition that the success of the course is dependent on the enthusiasm, generosity and flexibility of the course members toward each other and the tutors and a general acceptance that we are all working toward the one goal, that of serving God in this ministry.
The course has no academic requirements. Members of any Christian church are welcome to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To express an interest in this course please email the Course Administrator at or phone on 01223 236956; or write to 17 Brackenbury Manor, Kay Hitch Way, Histon, Cambridge, CB24 9YY